A Rowanmoor SIPP is a type of personal pension that gives you control of your pension fund, allowing you to make decisions on how your funds are invested within a range of investment opportunities. It is designed for individuals, looking to control their pension fund investments both whilst they are building up their retirement fund and when they take their benefits from it.
There are two investment options under the Rowanmoor SIPP and our fees and services offered vary, depending on the option chosen. Our single investment option is designed for clients looking to invest in a managed portfolio with a discretionary fund manager, stockbroker, or fund platform. The full investment option unlocks the SIPP’s complete investment flexibility.
A Rowanmoor SIPP is designed to provide you with:
- a tax-efficient way to build up a pension fund;
- control to invest in assets of your choice;
- streamlined arrangements with selected investment partners;
- unrestricted access to online valuations;
- flexibility to choose when and how you take your benefits;
- a retirement income for life;
- options for providing benefits for your dependants and nominated beneficiaries following your death.
You can make payments into your SIPP in a tax-efficient way to provide benefits in your retirement.
A Rowanmoor SIPP offers you considerable tax advantages:
- your personal contributions normally benefit from tax relief, for details please visit Contributions to a SIPP;
- contributions made by your employer(s) qualify for tax relief in the year they are made, provided they are wholly and exclusively for the purposes of the employer’s trade;
- your investments (other than dividend income) grow free from UK capital gains tax and income tax;
- you can take a pension commencement lump sum, or 25% of an uncrystallised funds pension lump sum, after age 55, free of tax;
- comprehensive, flexible retirement options enable retirement income to be phased;
- death benefits can be paid free from inheritance tax, before age 75.
A Rowanmoor SIPP is a plan for life, the bespoke service we offer is enviable in the pensions industry and our award-winning administrators have a reputation for exceptional customer service to support it. A dedicated administrator works closely with you and your adviser to achieve your objectives within our service standards. Customers are also supported by our experienced National Sales Team, and specialist Pensions Technical, Actuarial and Scheme Property Teams. We go the ‘extra mile’ for our customers, please visit the Customers’ Service Experiences area of this site to see how we would look after your pension scheme investments.
We aim to give Rowanmoor SIPP members the most comprehensive range of investment choice available under current legislation. If you are in any doubt whether an investment is acceptable or not, please always refer to us.
We have partnership links with a number of providers offering investment services, such as stockbrokers, fund supermarkets and other investment platforms. Should you wish to take advantage of the special arrangements we have with our investment partners please contact us.
Each member has a separate plan within the Rowanmoor SIPP, or if they wish to take benefits as a scheme pension, a separately registered SIPP will be established on their behalf. A Rowanmoor SIPP can receive contributions, and transfers of existing pension benefits.
For more information about the Rowanmoor SIPP and its benefits, please visit our SIPP literature library. If you have a specific question, you can contact us, email us or send your questions via the enquiry box on the right hand side.
Services provided under a Rowanmoor SIPP?
Clients make their own decisions on when and how much to contribute, how to invest their funds and when deciding how to take their benefits. Our role is to help them achieve their retirement ambitions by working with them and their professional advisers and offering a personal, portfolio-based administration service.
Under a Rowanmoor SIPP, Rowanmoor Trustees Limited is the trustee for the SIPP and Rowanmoor Personal Pensions Limited is the scheme administrator and the scheme operator. These roles are central to the successful management of the scheme. This is primarily because of the complex nature of pensions and taxation legislation and the need to have a detailed knowledge of the HMRC compliance and audit regime. As scheme administrator, Rowanmoor Personal Pensions Limited is responsible to HMRC for the establishment and running of the scheme as well as carrying out the day-to-day administration of your SIPP.
Our services include:
- day-to-day administration of your SIPP;
- keeping records of the SIPP’s investment, income and expenditure;
- dealing with your investment instructions;
- calculating and reviewing benefit payments;
- claiming tax relief from and paying tax and charges to HMRC;
- providing information to HMRC as required by legislation;
- technical support regarding your SIPP, its investments and benefits;
- providing an annual statement of benefits;
- establishing and operating your SIPP bank account.
We will inform you of the regulations affecting your SIPP and the requirements of legislation.
Your SIPP administrator is unable to provide you with financial advice. We recommend that you take appropriate advice from a financial adviser or other suitably qualified professional.
Our SIPP literature is available to download from the Library but if you have a specific query please do not hesitate to contact us, email us or send your questions via the enquiry box on the right hand side.