An appointed person(s) or organisation responsible for the functions conferred or imposed on the scheme Administrator by the rules of the registered pension scheme.
The scheme Administrator must be resident in the UK or another EU state and have made the required declaration to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
The scheme Administrator will be responsible for certain critical functions relating to the smooth running of the scheme.
These include, amongst others:
- registering the pension scheme with HMRC;
- completing and delivering a Pension Scheme Return and providing accounts, statements and other documents in connection with the return, if required by HMRC to do so;
- completing certain reports and providing certain information to HMRC within specified time limits (in accordance with The Registered Pension Schemes (Provision of Information) Regulations;
- ensuring certain information is available to other people, for example members, insurers, personal representatives;
- accounting for and making quarterly returns of tax due under Part 4 of Finance Act 2004 to HMRC;
- making an appeal (if appropriate) against any decisions of HMRC made under Part 4 of the Finance Act 2004.